Shimano released their new XTR M9100-series today at the World Cup in Nove Mesto na Morave. Technical details are nice but what does it mean for you? Key points include:
- 12 Speed 10-51 cassette with a range of 510% – 1x drivetrains are functional when you have this much range.
- Weight reductions – a trimmed down 1×11 system is available for additional lightweight setup
- Multi Q-factor options in cranks – a better fit for those correcting for Q-angle.
- Updated shift levers – lots of slide and rotation range to get the shifters matched to your fingers. Additionally 35% less shift force required.
- Braking with 2 and 4 post designs for light weight and extra stopping power. As always efficient braking for smaller hands and lots of lever adjustment.
- Pedals with two axle lengths for Q-factor adjustments. Also matching Q-factor between road and gravel.
XTR is first focused on the race crowd, but for the performance rider, the quality and finish,and durability is often well worth the investment.
Learn more at www.ridextr.com